For my readers who are educators: I hope you enjoyed National Teacher Appreciation Week last week and truly felt appreciated by someone in a special way! The work that we do is very important, and so I wanted to be sure to share some resources that teachers and families can use to keep enriching the lives of young students.
On STEM Education
- The Captain Planet Foundation recently launched a new app to promote environmentalism. Download it today from the App Store and Google Play!
- 8 Eye-Opening Ways Kids Benefit From Experiences With Nature by Christopher Bergland for Psychology Today
- The Value of Tinkering by Aaron Schomburg for Scientific American
- How To Pick a Great Educational Science Toy by Ben Newsome for Fizzics Education
- Girl Scouts Add 30 New Badges in Robotics, Science and Engineering by Nicole Lyn Pesce for New York Post
- Will K-12 Students Be Ready For the Technology of the Future? by Kelly Konrad for EdTech Magazine
- What Really Keeps Girls of Color Out of STEM? by Emilio Pack for Education Week
- Study Confirms Project-Based Learning Has a Positive Impact On How Students Learn Science and Math by Dr. Kerry Speziale for DefinedSTEM
On Early Childhood Education
- We Need to Make Kindergarten Engaging Again by Dr. Christopher Brown for Psychology Today
- Best Children’s Books Of the Year by Bank Street College of Education
- The 17 Picture Books of 2019 That You Need on Your Child’s Shelf by Alessia Santoro on Pop Sugar