Science and Engineering
- Asking questions and defining problems.
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using math and computational thinking.
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions.
- Communicating information.
Art, Literacy, and Science
- Using art as a form of expression and investigation through STEAM
- Sequencing and counting stones (mathematical skills) after close readings of Diane Alber books (literacy skills)
Life Science Concepts
- Observing and communicating that animals and plants have things they need to survive.
- Recognizing that all plants and animals grow and change over time.
Earth and Space Science (Grade 1)
- Using and sharing observations of weather to describe patterns.
- How plants and animals can change the environment.
- Gathering information/data about weather forecasting to prepare for, and respond to different types of weather — both here in the United States, and in other countries of the world.
- Grade 1 – Investigating and recording ideas in their scientific journals that different kinds of materials can be a liquid or solid.
- K0/K1 and K2 – Comparing the effects of different strengths or directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object (Balls and Ramps Curriculum)